SOCW 3002 Infant and Toddler Development Discussion
WE WRITE ESSAYS FOR STUDENTS
Tell us about your assignment and we will find the best writer for your projectWrite My Essay For Me
Order ID 53563633773 Type Essay Writer Level Masters Style APA Sources/References 4 Perfect Number of Pages to Order 5-10 Pages
Discussion 1 (A) Infant and Toddler Development
What happens during infancy and toddlerhood sets the stage for the journey through childhood, adolescence, and adulthood. Some children face risks to development due to unfavorable influences and conditions in environment, heredity, nutrition, abuse, and neglect. These factors may lead to atypical childhood development. Understanding developmental theories can help guide social workers as they attempt to address the consequences that affect children with unfavorable influences and conditions.
For this Discussion, you explore the risk factors that may impact development from infancy to toddlerhood. Further, you identify the role social workers can play in addressing the consequences of childhood development from unfavorable influences and conditions.
- Describe two risks that may impact development from infancy to toddlerhood.
- Identify one theoretical perspective and explain how that can be used to explain this developmental stage in relation to biological, psychological, and social development.
- Identify a role social workers can play in addressing consequential outcomes to childhood development.
- Explain why you agree or disagree with use of a particular theoretical approach, using evidence from this week’s readings or scholarly resources.
- Discussion 1 (B) Homelessness in Early Childhood
- It is estimated that around 2.5 million children face homelessness each year in the United States. This represents one in every 30 children in the United States. Children who are homeless face potential developmental disruptions including poor development in physical health, physical growth, secure attachment, language development, learning disabilities, and adaptive social/peer relationship skills. It is vital for social workers to possess practical skills to plan appropriate inventions as well as be familiar with available resources to safeguard children and assist with the promotion of their well-being. For this Discussion, you explore potential disruptions in early childhood development resulting from homelessness. Further, you describe resources social workers can employ to address this phenomenon.
- Identify two potential developmental disruptions resulting from homelessness related to cognitive development, language development, and social development.
- Explain two ways homelessness may influence the development of children in middle childhood.
- Identify a resource a social worker might use to help homeless children.
- Analyze additional challenges that may influence the development of homeless children that you have not already discussed but that you have found in the literature.
- Identify one positive effect of your colleague’s suggested resource, or offer an alternate resource that social workers might use to help homeless
Hutchison, E. D. (2019). Dimensions of human behavior: The changing life course (6th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Chapter 3, “Infancy and Toddlerhood” (pp. 74-114)Hutchison, E. D. (2019). Dimensions of human behavior: The changing life course (6th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications
The post SOCW 3002 Infant and Toddler Development Discussion appeared first on Terms Broker.
Write my Essay. Premium essay writing services is the ideal place for homework help or essay writing service. if you are looking for affordable, high quality & non-plagiarized papers, click on the button below to place your order. Provide us with the instructions and one of our writers will deliver a unique, no plagiarism, and professional paper.
Get help with your toughest assignments and get them solved by a Reliable Custom Papers Writing Company. Save time, money and get quality papers. Buying an excellent plagiarism-free paper is a piece of cake!
All our papers are written from scratch. We deliver high quality assignment answers to students.