1. What is Mr. Howard doing that is desirable and that you can encourage him to continue doing?
a. Mr. Howard should consume foods and drinks such as toast, peanut butter, and orange juice because they have low saturated fats and will significantly reduce the cholesterol level. According to Di Ciaula et al. (2019), cholesterol level must be reduced by living an active lifestyle with good diet and as a result, when triglyceride levels are lowered, the person has a reduced risk of getting heart disease.
b. What I would encourage Mr. Howard to continue doing though not every day is to eat steak for dinner. The concept is to eat a balanced diet because it will give him good nutrition. Eating only one type of food every day can cause health problems (Di Ciaula et al., 2019).
2. What stage of change is he in? What processes are appropriate for his stage?
a. Mr. Howard is in the contemplation stage. At this stage, Di Ciaula et al. (2019) says, a person is aware of the prevailing problem and the goal is to look for different measures of how to manage the issue, though an actual management plan for action is not set. Mr. Howard is simply reflecting about the whole issue.
b. Mr. Howard is in the process of understanding his conscious, counterconditioning, and maybe helping relationships.
3. Using the goal setting process described in the chapter, what are some possible short-term goals of change for him to consider with you?
a. He should substitute steak with fish for dinner three times weekly.
b. Instead of taking fries and bacon cheese burger, Mr. Howard should consume subway low-cholesterol sandwich with baked chips or a salad with fat-free dressing.
c. Maybe substituting his cookie with fruit a few times, a week
d. These would be a good start and a small transition to a complete low- cholesterol diet.
4. How would you ask him to assess the importance of the choice of his goals?
a. “Do you think you could make some of these changes in your diet?”
b. “Is it important to you to make these changes?”
c. “Is there someone that can help you, like a family or friend, and hold you accountable?”
5. After he selects 2 goals, how would you discuss any obstacles he sees in reaching his goals?
a. “Do you see any problems with completing these goals?”
b. “How do you feel about this change?”
c. Make sure the client is aware that problems can occur when changing your diet. Remind him that it is not an easy task, but it is a beneficial one.
6. Postulate some potential steps he could take to reach his goals. What key discussion points would you identify?
a. Give the client resources to use when trying to accomplish the goals such as recipes, websites, etc.
b. Educate the client on how to read nutrition labels, what vitamins or nutritional supplements he could take, what to look for when going out to eat, etc.
c. We may also discuss possible exercises he could do to improve his health overall, such as walking for 20 minutes a day to begin with.
7. What type of follow-up would you recommend?
a. Since Len is an executive for a fortune 500 company, I would talk with him over
b. Skype or through email before it is time for a check- up due to his busy lifestyle.
8. What type of follow-up would you recommend with Mr. Howard?
9. What would be a potential nutrition assessment for Mr. Howard? How would you express the potential nutrition assessment using the eNCPT?
10. What would be a potential nutrition diagnosis for Mr. Howard? How would you express the potential nutrition assessment using the eNCPT? Write a PES statement for Mr. Howard.
11. What would be a potential nutrition intervention for Mr. Howard? How would you express the potential nutrition assessment using the eNCPT?
12. What would be a potential nutrition monitoring and evaluation plan for Mr. Howard? How would you express this using the eNCPT?
Write my Essay. Premium essay writing services is the ideal place for homework help or essay writing service. if you are looking for affordable, high quality & non-plagiarized papers, click on the button below to place your order. Provide us with the instructions and one of our writers will deliver a unique, no plagiarism, and professional paper.
Get help with your toughest assignments and get them solved by a Reliable Custom Papers Writing Company. Save time, money and get quality papers. Buying an excellent plagiarism-free paper is a piece of cake!
All our papers are written from scratch. We deliver high quality assignment answers to students.