Self-Assessment Of Leadership Skills Discussion
WE WRITE ESSAYS FOR STUDENTS
Tell us about your assignment and we will find the best writer for your projectWrite My Essay For Me
Career Development – Test One Results – What is your leadership style?
The result of the test is as follows: Your main preference is using transformational leadership styles
To find out more about Transformational Leadership, click here To find out more about Transactional Leadership, click here To find out more about Laissez Faire Leadership, click here
About Leadership Styles
Your Tranformational leadership score is 64 out of a possible 80.
Transformational leadership style is made up of 4 elements:
· Idealized influence (II) describes leaders who are exemplary role models for team members. Leaders with idealized influence can be trusted and respected by others to make good decisions for the organization.
· Inspirational motivation (IM) describes leaders who motivate others to commit to the vision of the organization. Leaders with inspirational motivation encourage the team to reach new heights in service delivery.
· Intellectual Stimulation (IS) describes leaders who encourage innovation and creativity through challenging the normal beliefs or views of a group. Leaders with intellectual stimulation promote critical thinking and problem solving to make the organization better.
· Individual consideration (IC) describes leaders who act as coaches and advisors to their team. Leaders with individual consideration encourage others to reach goals that help both them and the organization.
Your II score is 15 Your IM score is 16 Your IS score is 16 Your IC score is 17
Like the other styles, transformational leadership styles is not always appropriate. It is most successful when used with highly skilled or experienced team members, when implementing large-scale changes or resolving individual or group problems.
The transformational leadership style is most effective when:
· you want others to share in decision-making and problem-solving duties
· you want to provide opportunities for team members to develop a high sense of personal growth and job satisfaction.
· there is a large or complex problem that requires lots of different inputs to solve.
· changes must be made or problems solved that affect large numbers of people
· you want to encourage team building and participation.
Transformational leadership may not be appropriate when:
· there is not enough time to get everyone’s input
· it’s easier and more cost-effective for the manager to make the decision.
· there is a short-term crisis
Your Transactional leadership score is 56 out of a possible 80.
Transactional leadership style is made up of 2 elements:
· Contingent Reward (CR) describes leaders who provide rewards if, and only if, team members perform adequately and/or try hard enough. It contracts exchange of rewards for effort, promises rewards for good performance, recognizes accomplishments
· Management by exception (active) (MBEa) describes leaders who do not seek to change the exsiting working methods or team membersso long as performance goals are met. The leader only intervenes if something is wrong. In this case, it is “active,” where the leader monitors the situation to anticipate problems.
Your CR score is 30 Your MBEA score is 26
Sometimes transactional leadership is the most effective style to use. These situations can include:
· dealing with new team memberswho do not know which tasks to perform or which procedures to follow
· supervision based on detailed orders and instructions
· when team members do not respond to any other leadership style
· there is little time to make decisions
Transactional leadership style may not be appropriate when:
· team members are demoralised, stressed or demotivated
· team members expect to have their opinions heard
· others begin depending on their leader to make all their decisions
Your Laissez-faire leadership score is 26 out of a possible 80.
Laissez faire leadership style is made up of 2 elements:
· Laissez-Faire (LF) where the leader exercises little control over their team, leaving them to sort out their roles and tackle their work on their own. This approach can leave the team floundering with little direction or motivation.
· Management by exception (passive) (MBEp) describes leaders who do not seek to change the exsiting working methods or team membersso long as performance goals are met. The leader only intervenes if something is wrong. In this case, it is “passive,” where the leader does nothing until a problem or mistake has actually occurred.
Your MBEP score is 12 Your LF score is 14
Laissez faire may be an effective style to use when:
· team members are highly skilled, experienced, and educated
· team members have pride in their work and the drive to do it successfully on their own
· outside experts, such as staff specialists or consultants are being used
This style may not be appropriate when:
· it makes team members feel insecure
· the leader cannot provide regular feedback to let the teamknow how well they are doing.
· leaders are unable to thank team members for their good work.
· the leaders doesn’t understand their responsibilities and is hoping the team can cover for them
The post Self-Assessment Of Leadership Skills Discussion appeared first on Grade Master-Pro.
Write my Essay. Premium essay writing services is the ideal place for homework help or essay writing service. if you are looking for affordable, high quality & non-plagiarized papers, click on the button below to place your order. Provide us with the instructions and one of our writers will deliver a unique, no plagiarism, and professional paper.
Get help with your toughest assignments and get them solved by a Reliable Custom Papers Writing Company. Save time, money and get quality papers. Buying an excellent plagiarism-free paper is a piece of cake!
All our papers are written from scratch. We deliver high quality assignment answers to students.