Project Management Discussion Questions
A grassroots group of college students has decided to work together to do their part in making the world a better place. The students are from many different countries, and several of them met at global conferences, through study abroad experiences, or on various Internet groups. Strategic goals of this group include developing skills for both college students and for needy populations, sharing information on existing products and services that promote economic growth and sustainability, and promoting entrepreneurship. Leaders of this group were reviewing some ideas for projects (all with a significant IT component) that they could do to support their strategic goals:
1. Global Treps : Many people are familiar with the television show called Shark Tank where entrepreneurs (sometimes called “treps”) present their business ideas to a group of investors or sharks. Several colleges, high schools, and even elementary schools throughout the world hold unique versions of a shark tank like event. You believe that creating a non-profit organization with one central mobile-friendly website/application to assist groups in organizing these types of events would spark even more entrepreneurs throughout the world. You would plan to hold several shark tank like events during the term of the project and create a site and applications to help continue developing more global treps. This site/application would include the following capabilities:
· Provide guidelines and templates for running a shark tank type of event.
· Accept donations from potential investors targeted toward specific schools or organizations wishing to host an event (similar to the popular www.donorschoose.org site where people can fund teacher’s requests).
· Accept ideas for needed new products or services.
· Provide the ability for organizations to create their own custom site to solicit local participants and sharks, accept applications, and promote the winners as well as losers.
· Research ideas for a mechanism where a certain percentage of all donations and profits earned by contestants are donated back to the Global Treps organization.
· Provide an online version of the events by showing videos of contestants and live reactions of the sharks while also getting live inputs and donations from viewers.
· Product Characteristics and Requirements:
1. Templates and tools: The intranet site will allow authorized users to download files they can use to create project management documents and to help them use project management tools. These files will be in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Project, or in HTML or PDF format, as appropriate.
2. User submissions: Users will be encouraged to e-mail files with sample templates and tools to the Webmaster. The Webmaster will forward the files to the appropriate person for review and then post the files to the intranet site, if desired.
3. Articles: Articles posted on the intranet site will have appropriate copyright permission. The preferred format for articles will be PDF. The project manager may approve other formats.
4. Requests for articles: The intranet site will include a section for users to ask someone from the Project Management Office (PMO) at JWD Consulting to research appropriate articles for them. The PMO manager must first approve the request and negotiate payments, if appropriate.
5. Links: All links to external sites will be tested on a weekly basis. Broken links will be fixed or removed within five working days of discovery.
6. The Ask the Expert feature must be user-friendly and capable of soliciting questions and immediately acknowledging that the question has been received in the proper format. The feature must also be capable of forwarding the question to the appropriate expert (as maintained in the system’s expert database) and capable of providing the status of questions that are answered. The system must also allow for payment for advice, if appropriate.
7. Security: The intranet site must provide several levels of security. All internal employees will have access to the entire intranet site when they enter their security information to access the main, corporate intranet. Part of the intranet will be available to the public from the corporate website. Other portions of the intranet will be available to current clients based on verification with the current client database. Other portions of the intranet will be available after negotiating a fee or entering a fixed payment using pre-authorized payment methods.
8. Search feature: The intranet site must include a search feature for users to search by topic and key words.
9. The intranet site must be accessible using a company-approved Internet browser. Users must have appropriate application software to open several of the templates and tools.
10. The intranet site must be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with one hour per week for system maintenance and other periodic maintenance, as appropriate.
WORK ON THE CHARACTERISTICS AND REQUIREMENTS
The post Project Management Discussion Questions appeared first on Essay Shredder.
Write my Essay. Premium essay writing services is the ideal place for homework help or essay writing service. if you are looking for affordable, high quality & non-plagiarized papers, click on the button below to place your order. Provide us with the instructions and one of our writers will deliver a unique, no plagiarism, and professional paper.
Get help with your toughest assignments and get them solved by a Reliable Custom Papers Writing Company. Save time, money and get quality papers. Buying an excellent plagiarism-free paper is a piece of cake!
All our papers are written from scratch. We deliver high quality assignment answers to students.