Health Care System Policy Analysis Paper
Policy Analysis Paper
Due Dec 21 by 11:59pm
Submitting a file upload
Policy Analysis Paper (30% of grade): This 6-8 page paper will examine a health policy of your choice that is in consideration or has been implemented. You will be provided a hand-out to guide your analysis that includes topic examples. Review rubric below for other assignment expectations. (Due Session 14)
In text citations should be numbered consecutively (It should look like this.1 And this.2) References listed at the end of the paper must be double-spaced and numbered consecutively as they are cited. References first cited in a table or figure legend should be numbered so that they will be in sequence with references cited in the text at the point where the table or figure is first mentioned. List all authors when there are six or fewer; when there are seven or more, list the first three, followed by “et al.” The following are sample references:
Shapiro AMJ, Lakey JRT, Ryan EA, et al. Islet transplantation in seven patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus using a glucocorticoid-free immunosuppressive regimen. N Engl J Med 2000;343:230-8.
Goadsby PJ. Pathophysiology of headache. In: Silberstein SD, Lipton RB, Dalessio DJ, eds. Wolff’s headache and other head pain. 7th ed. Oxford, England: Oxford University Press, 2001:57-72.
Kuczmarski RJ, Ogden CL, Grammer-Strawn LM, et al. CDC growth charts: United States. Advance data from vital and health statistics. No. 314. Hyattsville, Md.: National Center for Health Statistics, 2000. (DHHS publication no. (PHS) 2000-1250 0-0431.)
U.S. positions on selected issues at the third negotiating session of the Framework Convention on Tobacco Control. Washington, D.C.: Committee on Government Reform, 2002. (Accessed March 4, 2002, at http://www.house.gov/reform/min/inves_tobacco/index_accord.htm.)
• What is the name of the health policy and what does it propose to do?
• What perceived problem is the policy meant to address and how and by what level of government?
• Who are/were the champions and major opponents?
• Is it a proposal? Did it pass or fail? What is the current stage? Example: active in a particular committee? Died in a particular committee?
• Is it law? Any overarching sense of success or failure?
Current Social Problem Context
• What is the problem?
• What are the varying definitions of the problem and who holds these definitions?
• What are the conflicting social values and beliefs?
• Who is effected and how? Who are the stakeholders?
• What is the extent of the problem?
• What are the underlying causes or factors?
• Who gains and/or loses from the status quo?
• Who holds the power?
• Are there direct or indirect interactions with social institutions? Other social problems?
Stakeholders and Goals
• What do voters think? Non-voters?
• What do higher-income people think? Lower income?
• What do other demographic groups (explore race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, or other appropriate demographics) think?
• How is the media involved in this issue?
• What are the values and beliefs represented?
• What are the general goals of the policy?
• Are the goals consistent with the profession of social work? How?
• Are there any secondary goals (political trade-offs or conflicts?)
Policies, Public Laws, and Administrative Rules
• How is the policy expected to work?
• What are other relevant public policies?
• If none exist, why?
• What is the consequence of doing nothing, if no policies exist?
• Are there hidden agendas?
• Who are the proponents/opponents? Who are the interest groups?
• Who is “At the Table”? Who is not?
• What institutions and individuals are effected by the policy?
• What are the costs or potential benefits to each? Who gains or loses?
• What was the decision on the policy? Next steps if failed?
• Which social programs were implemented because of the policy?
• Who has oversight and was responsible for implementation
• Conflicting values/ideologies?
• Are the programs effective?
• Who is served?
• What are the strengths/weaknesses?
• Who participates/benefits? Who doesn’t?
• What are the costs/benefits?
• Has the social problem changed as intended (manifest consequences)? How?
• Are there unexpected consequences (latent)?
• How were things supposed to change? What was the intention of implementation? Who was supposed to be effected?
Consistent with APA style
• Is the narrative consistent with APA style?
• Is the reference page consistent with APA style?
• Is the paper free of bias?
• Does the student communicate well in writing?
• Is the paper free of grammar errors and problems with style?
Total Points: 30
The post Health Care System Policy Analysis Paper appeared first on Critical Assignment.
Write my Essay. Premium essay writing services is the ideal place for homework help or essay writing service. if you are looking for affordable, high quality & non-plagiarized papers, click on the button below to place your order. Provide us with the instructions and one of our writers will deliver a unique, no plagiarism, and professional paper.
Get help with your toughest assignments and get them solved by a Reliable Custom Papers Writing Company. Save time, money and get quality papers. Buying an excellent plagiarism-free paper is a piece of cake!
All our papers are written from scratch. We deliver high quality assignment answers to students.