Business Discussion Questions Assignment
Business Ethics Assignment 2Read Chapter 2 of Moral Issues in Business and watch the following videos. After doing so, answer each of the following questions. The links to the videos are provided below.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgIXhvi8Djkhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al5SLsoe0C0https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH_9a0pJSHkhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51pMod2Aasohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwOCmJevigwhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ngp1Qd8D2PQhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQw-KJ0Vy18https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a739VjqdSI
1. What is the ethical dilemma for the victims of the Bernie Madoff Ponzi scheme?
2. Compare consequentialist and non-consequentialist theories.
3. What is Egoism?
4. What is hedonism, and why is it erroneous to automatically associate it with egoism?
5. Discuss the difference between Psychological Egoism and Ethical Egoism.
6. Discuss Altruism in the context of Ethical and Psychological Egoism.
7. What is Act Utilitarianism? Discuss some of the advantages and disadvantages to the theory.
8. How does Adam Smith understand that the pursuit of self-interest will ultimately lead the individual to employ that which is most advantageous to the society as a whole?
8. What is the Categorical Imperative?
What are some of the advantages and disadvantages to its application?
9. Compare and contrast Deontology with Utilitarianism.
10. What is a prima facie obligation, and how does an individual come to understand these obligations?
11. What is a major problem with Ross’ understanding of intuition?12.
What is Rule Utilitarianism? How does it differ from Act Utilitarianism?
DISCUSSION BOARD 2
Discussion Board 2In Chapter 2 we learned about the distinction between consequentialist and non-consequentialist theories. Essentially, it comes down to what you believe should be the basis for making a moral decision. Even if you choose between one or the other, there are still further considerations to be made. For non-consequentialists, should individuals choose a more absolutist approach, like with Kant and the Categorical Imperative, or should individuals recognize, like W.D. Ross, that there are conflicting obligations, and that individuals must rely to a certain degree on intuition? Perhaps, you favor the consequentialist approach. However, even with the consequentialist approach has certain conflicts concerning the relationship of the individual to the whole of the society.
Are individuals only capable of Egoism?
Do individuals have a moral obligation to themselves as individuals above all others?
Should we adopt the Utilitarian principle, and prioritize the greatest good with the greatest number?
Look at case study 2.2 and discuss what each of these theories might have to say with regards to Ford’s actions concerning the Pinto.
To what degree does safety have to be prioritized over profit?
Should safer cars automatically cost more money, or should all cars be equally safe?
Why do you think Ford went ahead with its design, when the cost of a safer design was relatively cheap?
Why do you think the industry in general strayed away from Ford’s business practices in this particular instance?
Requirements: Doesn’t matter
The post Business Discussion Questions Assignment appeared first on Critical Assignment.
Write my Essay. Premium essay writing services is the ideal place for homework help or essay writing service. if you are looking for affordable, high quality & non-plagiarized papers, click on the button below to place your order. Provide us with the instructions and one of our writers will deliver a unique, no plagiarism, and professional paper.
Get help with your toughest assignments and get them solved by a Reliable Custom Papers Writing Company. Save time, money and get quality papers. Buying an excellent plagiarism-free paper is a piece of cake!
All our papers are written from scratch. We deliver high quality assignment answers to students.